As we enter a new era of technological advancement, generative Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools will play an increasingly important role in shaping our professional work, classroom learning experiences, and personal lives. This certificate well-equips you to apply generative AI tools in your teaching practice and contribute to the next-generation learning revolution in your institution and beyond.
Stay ahead of the curve. Invest in yourself to become AI-Ready and empower our students for the future.
Upon completion of the Professional Certificate, you will be able to:
- Identify and evaluate the potential of generative AI tools to enhance teaching and learning experiences in their respective fields.
- Critically assess ethical and social considerations related to the use of generative AI tools in education.
- Develop pedagogical strategies for integrating generative AI tools into their teaching practice, including designing assignments and assessments.
- Collaborate with colleagues to integrate generative AI tools into institutional initiatives and programs.
- Develop a plan for implementing generative AI tools in their teaching practice
- Communicate the benefits and challenges of using generative AI tools to different audiences, including students, colleagues, and administrators.
Who Can Enroll?
This certificate is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about generative Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools for education. Whether you're a student, professional, or just someone who is curious about the possibilities of AI, this course is perfect for you.
- Registration for the workshops is free!
- The capstone course (required to complete the certificate) is $49.
- Participants can earn .5 CEUs for attending all five workshops.
- Participants can earn an additional .5 CEUs by completing the capstone for a total of 1.0 CEUs.
Each workshop will use Zoom and Canvas. You will need to have a computer with an internet connection and a web browser. You will also need to be familiar with basic computer skills.
- Begin date: July 10, 2023
- End date: July 14, 2023
Synchronous Meeting Times:
Choose one of two time slots for each interactive workshop.
- Register for CPP220-003 for the Morning workshops on Zoom: 10:00 - 11:00 AM EDT
- Register for CPP220-004 for the Afternoon workshops on Zoom: 2:00 - 3:00 PM EDT
Prompt Engineering with ChatGPT
Monday, July 10, 2023
This workshop is a one-hour synchronous online event where you can practice hands-on with ChatGPT.
Evolution of Generative AI Tools for Education
Tuesday, July 11, 2023
This one-hour interactive group discussion covers some of the key developments in Generative AI technology and how it is being used in educational settings.
Supporting Self-Directed Learning with ChatGPT
Wednesday, July 12, 2023
This one-hour interactive group discussion will explore how ChatGPT can be a valuable tool for supporting self-directed learning in your classroom.
Supporting Project-Based Learning with ChatGPT
Thursday, July 13, 2023
This one-hour interactive workshop will demonstrate how to help students learn more effectively and engage more deeply in their projects by using ChatGPT.
Ethical Implications of Generative AI
Friday, July 14, 2023
This one-hour interactive group discussion covers the potential ethical implications of Generative AI and how to think critically about its potential risks in education.
A Five-Hour Self-Paced Online Course
Develop a project pitch on communicating and implementing generative AI tools in your practice. You will be required to give a video presentation on your project. Please note there is a $49 fee.