The UNC Charlotte School of Professional Studies is pleased to announce the Laura J. Campbell Scholarship for three participants pursuing the Meeting & Event Planning certificate. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Demonstrates that they have the ability to successfully complete the Meeting and Event Planning Certificate program
- Can describe their strengths and how they will use those strengths to make a positive impact on the community
- Can state their educational and personal goals for the future and how the certificate will support those anticipated goals
- Can describe their financial need and how to the scholarship will make a significant impact
About Laura J. Campbell
Laura J. Campbell spent her entire career building, organizing and producing public events. First in Canada with the Canadian National Sportsmen's Show and then for 38 years as a key executive for Charlotte-based Southern Shows Inc. During her time at Southern Shows, she was instrumental in creating a series of annual women's expositions that would take place in 23 cities. Laura was also involved in the special events industry, serving as president of the Charlotte Chapter of the International Live Events Association and as an annual guest lecturer for UNC Charlotte's Meeting & Event Planning Certificate program.
Over her extensive career in exposition management, Laura J. Campbell impacted and influenced the lives of thousands of people. The individuals who benefited from knowing and working with Laura include co-workers, event exhibitors and sponsors, suppliers, students, fellow event professionals and many other friends. It is these individuals who came together to create the Laura J. Campbell Scholarship so that her influence and life can continue to help those involved in special events.
More Details About The Scholarship
- Estimated Award Amount: $1,000/each
- Application Deadline: Febuary 1, 2024
- Scholarship Award Date : February 9, 2024
Visit this page and click on the "apply now" button at the bottom.
To Contribute to the Scholarship
Contributions can be made online at https://lauracampbellscholarship.charlotte.edu/.