What innovative technologies have emerged as game-changers for event planners post-COVID, and how have they transformed the event experience? What skills and qualities should event planners prioritize to remain successful in this dynamic environment? Who’s in the know about the latest in contract negotiations affecting venues and vendors?
A new webinar hosted by UNC Charlotte’s School of Professional Studies sets out to answer those questions and more next month with the help of seven experts from the field.
Reimagining Events: Evolution and Innovation in the Meeting and Planning Industry
is a free one-hour Zoom webinar held Thursday, October 12 from 1 - 2 p.m. that’s open to anyone interested in discussing hot topics on the minds of meeting and event planners today. Registration is free.
The panel includes experts in marketing, virtual events and event technology, wedding/special event planning, contracts and risk management, hotel operations and hospitality and nonprofit/fundraising:
- Lance Devereux, Celebrity Event Planner and Designer, “The Real Housewives of Atlanta”
- Tim Miron, 40+ year hospitality veteran and former general manager of The Duke Mansion, Charlotte
- Kristin Young, Chief Advancement Officer, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Charlotte
- Rachel Sutherland, award-winning publicist specializing in hospitality and non-profit
- Carla Eustache, award-winning Charlotte-based event planner
- Joan Eisenstodt, Washington DC-based expert in negotiations, contracts, hospitality ethics and risk management for the meeting and event planning industry
- Tess Vismale, award-winning virtual events and event technology expert
The landscape of the meeting and event planning industry is constantly changing. Learn how leading industry professionals are navigating through the changes, preparing for the future and creating new and exciting opportunities for social and professional events planning.
If you’re in the industry, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to take a seat at the table and join the conversation.
Have event planning questions for the panelists? Submit them ahead of time in the space provided on your registration form.